RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATIONS FOR FOREIGNERS
Please contact Mioseta anytime to get information about applications for touristic residence permits or family residence permits.
Foreigners intending to extend their stay or accompany their spouse are legally obliged to obtain residence permit from the Immigration Authority.
First application: Foreigners may, within their visa period or visa exemption period, make an online application to the General Directorate of Immigration using the link below:
On the date and time of appointment, the foreigner will be required to appear in person at the Provincial Directorate of Immigration which the foreigner’s address is affiliated to.
Time extension: The time extension process begins 2 (two) months before expiry of the residence permit. It is be sufficient that the file is mailed to the Provincial Directorate of Immigration subsequent to online application. If the documents submitted are different from those submitted during the previous residence permit application (passport change, address change etc.), the applications must be made in person.
NEED-TO-KNOWS ABOUT THE USE OF RESIDENCE PERMITS
- Application certificate: Until the application is approved, the foreigner will be granted a certificate of application which will allow them to stay abroad for a maximum of 15 days. When leaving the country, please keep with you the application certificate and the fee payment receipt.
- Reasons for residence permit cancellation:
- Use of the residence permit beyond its intended purpose,
- The foreigner staying abroad for more than 120 (one hundred twenty) days in total during the course of one year,
- The residence permits of foreigners, against whom a deportation or exclusion order is issued, will be cancelled at once. No extension will be granted for expired permits.